Gundaroo Public School is a welcoming and inclusive learning environment, which enables every child to be known, valued and cared for. Our students are nurtured to feel safe and secure at school and challenged to achieve their potential through a culture of high expectations and strong support. Our teaching staff are dedicated to the growth of every child. We believe that student wellbeing compliments academic success. We support every child to develop their social, emotional and academic skills and behaviours.
Learning at Gundaroo Public School is not only for our students. Our staff engage in ongoing high impact professional learning working towards the goal of every student being engaged and challenged to continue to learn, and every student, every teacher, and every leader improving every year.
Find out more about what your child will learn at our school.
The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) is responsible for the curriculum, Kindergarten to Year 12, for all NSW schools.
For the primary years, NESA develops syllabuses for all subjects in 6 key learning areas:
- creative arts
- human society and its environment (HSIE)
- personal development, health and physical education (PDHPE)
- science and technology.
Some primary schools may also offer languages.
Like all NSW schools, we have developed teaching and learning programs to suit our local context and the needs of our students.
To learn more about curriculum in NSW, visit:
- NSW Department of Education – key learning areas
- NESA’s Parent Guide – Schooling in NSW which provides information about learning stages, key learning areas and syllabuses
- NSW Department of Education policy – Curriculum planning and programming, assessing and reporting to parents K–12.
Stages of learning
There are 6 stages of learning from Kindergarten to Year 12. Primary school covers Early Stage 1, or Kindergarten, to the end of Stage 3.
- Stage 1 includes Kindergarten to Year 2 (Kindergarten is referred to as Early Stage 1).
- Stage 2 includes Years 3 and 4.
- Stage 3 includes Years 5 and 6.